Primavera’s 2017 Prom is coming up and now’s the time to thinking about who’d you like to invite as a date. Of course, you are more than welcome to come to prom with a group of friends. But if you do have someone in mind you’d like to ask, check out these ideas for asking someone to prom.
Four Creative Ways to Ask Someone to Prom
1. Send a customized pizza
This one is actually a lot simpler than it sounds. Many places such as Pizza Hut and Domino’s have an option to include special instructions on your pizza. You can easily order online, enter your future date’s address and in the special instructions, ask them to write “Prom?” with a Sharpie on the box. If you call on the phone and you’re nice enough, they may even shape the pepperonis to spell out “prom” for you!
2. Create a Customized Mask
In the spirit of the prom theme, Masquerade Ball, mail a customized mask or drop at their doorstep.
3. Or, better yet, send an eCard from us
As a Primavera student, you likely know your friends online. And since we serve the entire state, they could live pretty far away. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered. Simply download the photo above and send it as a nice “eCard” from us! Email, text or send a private message via social media to your future date.
Download the eCard.
4. Go all out and create a promposal like this one
If you have a significant other (SO) you want to go all out for, consider the promposal. While these are usually very extravagant and take a lot of effort, we’ve thought up a way to be both elaborate and simple.
Ask your SO to get coffee with you, and make sure you order it while he/she isn’t in line. That way you can tell the cashier to use the name Prom (with a question mark). Then when you hand your SO the coffee, you can say “Oops, looks like they spelled your name wrong,” and enjoy watching his/her reaction.
A Few Primavera Prom Reminders
- Prom will be May 13, 7 p.m. at the Windemere Hotel in Mesa
- Prom is open to Primavera 9–12th grade students ages 14–20. Each Primavera student can bring three guests. Read the full rules here.
- The theme is Masquerade Ball and all are encouraged to incorporate the theme in their attire.
- Students and guests must be in high school and under 21. Tickets and permission slips are required for all attendees. To purchase your tickets, click HERE.
- And, of course, a date is not required to attend.
To read more details on Primavera’s Prom, check out our previous blog post.
- How are you planning on asking your date to prom? Or are you going with a group of friends? Either way, share with us in the comments below!