STUDENT LOGIN
| Need Assistance? 480.456.6678

High School Diploma vs. GED

High School Diploma vs. GED

We know that getting a diploma takes a lot of hard work. But studies are showing it’s worth it! The US Bureau of Labor Statistics released a report that shows some major differences between high school diploma versus a GED. Here are five reasons why that free online diploma really does matter.

Diploma vs. GED–Five Reasons a High School Diploma Matters

1. You Will Make More Money

According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, people with a high school diploma earn $179 more per week on average than those with a GED. That’s about $9,300 dollars more a year you could earn just by getting that diploma!

2. You Will Find a Job More Easily

Despite what many people think, GED actually stands for general education development, not general equivalency diploma. A GED does not hold the same value as a high school diploma. Unfortunately, a stigma follows those with a GEDs as someone who quits or can’t work hard. According to the Bureau, people who have a GED have an unemployment rate of 11% whereas people with a high school diploma are only at 7.5%.

3. You’re More Likely to Stay in College

If you are thinking of attending college, you definitely want to make sure you earn that diploma. For one reason, it will be much easier to get into college. For another, reports show that 77%  percent of people with a GED drop out of college. Only 24% of college students with a high school diploma drop out after the first semester.

4. An Online Diploma With Primavera is Free!

Primavera Online High School is completely tuition free. An average GED test costs over $120 and it holds less value, so why not receive a quality education from Primavera for free?

5. You Miss Out on the High School Experience

You might be thinking you don’t like the high school experience anyway. But Primavera student life is different. We have All School Events, online students clubs, prom and a Parent Student Portal (PSP) student community chat, so you can always connect with classmates in an inviting, fun way. Plus, you can follow us on Facebook and Instagram where we hold contests for you to win free stuff from us, making our high school experience something you definitely wouldn’t want to miss out on!

We have over 300 students earning their diplomas tonight! #PrimaveraClassOf2015

A photo posted by Primavera Online (@primaveraonlinehighschool) on

If you’re a student looking to get back on track, come to Primavera! We have a great credit recovery option so you can get your diploma without ever having to step foot in that old high school again! Find out more information here.

Primavera has blocks starting every two weeks so you can enroll on a date that is convenient for you. To see a full schedule of our block starting dates, head to our website calendar.

Come enjoy a 100% online, tuition-free, fully-accredited education that fits your schedule with Primavera! To start your application, click here.

ENROLL TODAY

• Do you have questions about getting an online diploma with Primavera? Share with us in the comments below; we’re happy to help!
2018-02-22T11:38:57+00:00

37 Comments

1. skyonna December 25, 2015 at 12:49 am

is there an age limit!?

Primavera Online December 28, 2015 at 7:28 am

Hi, Skyonna. Yes, students must be 21 years or younger in order to take courses at Primavera. Thanks for the question. 🙂

• Paul September 13, 2017 at 5:38 pm

So you can be 21 just not 22 correct? I was told a student who is 21 or older schools do not get funded on. I though it was up to 22. Can you help me on this please? Thanks

Primavera Online September 14, 2017 at 8:03 am

Hi, Paul. While it may depend on the amount of credits you have left to graduate, you could still enroll at 21. Give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1 so we can better answer your question. 🙂

2. Eli January 14, 2016 at 8:33 am

So, if i were to enroll in this online school, i can do work at home, and when i finish with the program, i will have a physical form of a high school diploma?

Primavera Online January 14, 2016 at 10:26 am

Hi, Eli. Yes, our courses are 100% online so you can complete all of your work at home. When you graduate, you can choose to join in our annual Graduation Ceremony where you can receive your diploma, or if you prefer, your diploma will be mailed out to you. Either way, you graduate with an accredited, physical diploma. 🙂 Thanks for the question.

3. juan February 16, 2016 at 3:00 pm

my name is juan romero im 21 years old and looking to receive my GED or diploma. will I be able to enroll even though im 21 years old? and how long will it take for me to receive my diploma or GED?

Primavera Online February 16, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Hi, Juan. Great questions! 🙂 Primavera is a fully-accredited online high school, which means you would earn a diploma if you graduated here. As for your age, it would depend how much schooling you have left to complete. Our enrollment advisors are happy to talk with you and see if Primavera is a good fit for you! They are available at 480.405.2703.

4. Ananidia Hernandez May 17, 2016 at 12:54 pm

My name is Ananidia and i only have 11credits and Iam 20years old is it just better if i get my ged?

Primavera Online May 17, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Hi, Ananidia. Those are great questions! Primavera can be a great option for catching up on credits and earning your high school diploma. Give us a call at 480.405.2703 so an enrollment advisor can work through your situation and see if we’re a good fit for you. Thanks for the comment. 🙂

5. Aleana June 6, 2016 at 10:44 pm

Hi my name is Aleana and I’m 18 yrs old. I didn’t get to graduate with my class (2016) and I only have 16 credits. Are your online classes like Grad-point, where u take a class online and you only earn half a credit? Also, I’m missing half credit of an elective. Does primavera have elective online classes?

Primavera Online June 7, 2016 at 7:46 am

Hi, Aleana. Primavera is an accredited public charter online high school, so the classes you take here are the same as you would at another traditional high school in Arizona. We do have a variety of elective courses, which you can view here. As far as catching up credits, we have guidance counselors who will work with you personally to develop a plan so we can get you back on track to graduate. For more information, give us a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

6. alexandra ochoa June 30, 2016 at 8:40 am

I read somewhere that Primavera gave credits for those who got their GED? is this true?

Primavera Online July 6, 2016 at 12:56 pm

Hi, Alexandra. There is certainly a possibility to earn credits if you’ve obtained your GED. Primavera will evaluate this on a case by case basis. To speak with one of our Enrollment Advisors to determine what credits can potentially be assigned as earned, give us a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

7. alejandra ruiz July 12, 2016 at 7:13 pm

I only have half a credit I was supposed to graduate this year and I missed my 4 years of high school will it take me another 4 years to graduate with primavera or will I graduate sooner ?`

Primavera Online July 13, 2016 at 8:12 am

Hi, Alejandra. Primavera can offer ways to help you catch up on your credits and potentially graduate earlier than four years, depending on your situation. To let us better answer your question, feel free to give our Enrollment Advisors a call at 480.405.2703. Thanks for the question. 🙂

8. Ruth August 9, 2016 at 3:29 pm

How long does it take to get you high school diploma

Primavera Online August 9, 2016 at 3:34 pm

Hi, Ruth. Earning your accredited high school diploma all depends on how many credits you’ve obtained so far. To better answer your question, give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

9. Lorenia Lorenia August 17, 2016 at 6:54 am

Hi, my daughter dropped out of school at an early grade and this year enrolled as a freshman in high school but she feels like online school would be much better for her. She’s 16. How many years would it take for her to graduate at Primavera?

Primavera Online August 17, 2016 at 7:56 am

Hi, Lorenia. This would all depend on how many credits your daughter has left to complete. Primavera does offer six-week courses so she can catch up on credits. For a more specific answer to your question, give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

10. Jasper Whiteside October 5, 2016 at 3:09 pm

I’ve been to companies that required their employees to have GEDs. I had wondered what made the difference. Thanks to your article, I can see that employment rates different for those who have GED vs. not. I can also see how inexpensive it is to get a GED. That makes me wonder why someone would not get one…

11. Lucy January 17, 2017 at 3:45 pm

So if I am 20 now and I’ll be 21 in November will that give me enough time to achieve a diploma through primavera

Primavera Online January 17, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Hi, Lucy. That all depends on how many credits you have left to graduate. Our enrollment advisors can give you a better answer at 480.405.2703. 🙂

12. Mia February 22, 2017 at 8:30 am

Hi! My name is Mia. I have 3.75 credits and will be turning 21 in April. I tryed going back to public highschool and i just couldn’t do it. I want to focus my attention on my son and getting a job.

Primavera Online February 22, 2017 at 9:44 am

Hi, Mia. Sounds like Primavera could be a great choice for you. 🙂 You can start your application at ChoosePrimavera.com/Enroll, or talk with an Enrollment Advisor at 480.405.2703.

13. Lizbeth May 9, 2017 at 1:54 pm

I did primavera in the past but still need more credits. I’m 22 now can I go back?

Primavera Online May 9, 2017 at 3:36 pm

Hi, Lizbeth. We recommend calling the enrollment advisors at 480.405.2703. They will be able to provide a better answer to your specific situation. 🙂

Primavera Online May 10, 2017 at 9:04 am

Hi, Lizabeth. Our Enrollment Advisors can help answer your question. Give them a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

14. Marcos August 11, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Im 21 years old,ill be turning 22 till January 31st can I still enroll?

Primavera Online August 11, 2017 at 1:48 pm

Hi, Marcos. This depends on the number of credits you have left to earn. Primavera could be a great option for you. 🙂 Give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1.

15. Kasey mahler November 29, 2017 at 8:05 pm

Want to know if elibagble to apply I am 22

16. Jenille Carter January 30, 2018 at 7:52 pm

The age here is up to 21, do you know of a program here in AZ that’s accredited for anyone over 21 looking to get the High school diploma or GED?

Primavera Online January 31, 2018 at 11:46 am

Hi, Jenille. If you give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.456.6678, option 1, they’d be happy to help answer your question. 🙂

17. Sarita Bell February 10, 2018 at 8:29 pm

Does this online course help adults over fifty years of age, is accredited in the state of Wisconsin.

Primavera Online February 12, 2018 at 8:25 am

Hi, Sarita. Unfortunately, Primavera is only available to Arizona students under the age of 21. Thanks for the question!

18. Oscar February 14, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Hi I’m 24 and id like to get my high school diploma or ged..I only need 4 credits to graduate

Primavera Online February 15, 2018 at 9:10 am

Hi, Oscar. Unfortunately, state law does not allow us to accept students older than 21. We wish you best of luck on your journey!

Comments are closed.