STUDENT LOGIN
Need Assistance? 480.456.6678

Five Questions About Online High School Answered

To those of you who are new to the online high school environment, welcome to Primavera Online High School. We’ve gathered the five most commonly asked questions and answered them all right here in this post! Check them out below.

1. How do I transfer from another school?

Transferring with Primavera is easy! First, submit your application. If you need help applying, check out our How to Apply blog. After you apply, an enrollment advisor will be in contact with you to help you get your transcripts sent in so you can be ready to start at Primavera. From there, you will have guidance counselors available to help answer any questions you have to make the switch as quick and easy as possible.

2. What will my courses look like?

At Primavera, you can say goodbye to heavy textbooks and long hours crammed in a chaotic classroom. Instead, enjoy the comfort of your home or get some fresh air at a coffee shop! As long as you have a laptop and an Internet connection, you can study wherever you want.

Plus, our courses are designed specifically for you! Instead of being stuck reading a boring textbook, we keep you engaged through our 100% online, fully-accredited curriculum, with practice workbooks, animated lessons and much more to help you get excited about learning!

3. How will I communicate with my teachers?

Primavera has highly-qualified, state-certified instructors who are dedicated to helping our students get their diplomas. You will be able to contact your teachers via email, phone calls and chat messages within our Parent Student Portal (PSP). In many cases, our students report that they communicate with their teachers more here than in a traditional school setting.

For more information on how to contact your teachers at Primavera, check out our Contacting Your Teachers blog post.

4. Will I get to interact with classmates?

At Primavera, there are several opportunities to connect with your classmates! You will be able to chat with them on the PSP, attend monthly All School Events, go to Prom, win tickets to our exclusive Primavera Online High School Lounge at Live 101.5 or join our Street Team in their many events.

For more information on social activities at Primavera, check out our Staying Social in an Online Environment blog post.

5. How much does online high school cost?

This question is often asked, and the answer is two great words: tuition free! Primavera Online High School is a public charter school, and is free to all students in Arizona under the age of 21.

With fully-accredited, 100% online curriculum and just two courses every six weeks, Primavera Online High School is the best way to get your online high school diploma. Classes start every two weeks, so be sure to enroll today!

LEARN MORE

Your submission didn’t go through. Please try again.

RETRY
Button Text
Retry
2018-06-05T14:34:52+00:00

192 Comments

1. Stacy Reed May 20, 2016 at 6:55 pm

I live in Indiana. My son is a junior. Is this an option for him.

Primavera Online May 23, 2016 at 7:49 am

Hi, Stacy. In order to attend Primavera Online High School, your son must be a resident of Arizona. Thanks for the question! 🙂

2. Valerie May 23, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Can I still attend if I am a drop out? I dropped out junior year. I was suppose to be class of 2017 is there any way I can catch up to be class of 2017 still?

Primavera Online June 3, 2016 at 10:55 am

Hi, Valerie. As long as you are 21 or younger, you can still enroll with Primavera! You can start an online application here, or give us a call at 480.405.2703. Thanks for the question. 🙂

3. Mariah May 24, 2016 at 3:19 pm

What if you are 21? Do you have to pay or is this online schooling not an option.

Primavera Online May 24, 2016 at 4:22 pm

Hi, Mariah. Residents of Arizona who are 22 or older do not qualify for Primavera; however, since you are 21, there is a chance you can still enroll for free! Give us a call at 480.456.6678 and an enrollment advisor will help you see if we’re the right fit. Thanks for the comment. 🙂

4. Cindy June 2, 2016 at 8:39 am

Hi,

My niece moved with me and need to start school soon but because she lost some credits but she is also working. What time are the classes or can she log in at anytime for class?

Primavera Online June 2, 2016 at 12:01 pm

Hi, Cindy. Great question! 🙂 Primavera’s coursework is completely flexible to your student’s schedule. While there are some real-time online sessions to attend at certain times (teachers will work with any student who cannot attend), your niece will be able to log in and work on coursework at a time that’s best for her schedule. If you’d like more information, feel free to give us a call at 480.405.2703.

5. Ashley warren June 28, 2016 at 12:54 am

Do they provide laptops for kids that don’t have a computer ?

Primavera Online June 28, 2016 at 7:43 am

Hi, Ashley. We unfortunately do not provide laptops; however, students are welcome to study in a public library or wherever they can gain access to a tablet/computer and internet. Thanks for the question. 🙂

6. Allana July 26, 2016 at 11:41 am

Can a student take one course every six weeks for credit recovery, so not to get overloaded if they are still attending a regular school during school hours? My daughter needs to make up 3 credits due to chronic illness for one semester of sophomore year that she was not given any credit for work turned in due to absences/attendance.

Primavera Online July 26, 2016 at 11:45 am

Hi, Allana. Great question! Yes. While full-time students must be enrolled in at least two courses, students who enroll part-time with Primavera while attending another school can take just one six-week course at at time to make up credits while not getting overwhelmed. 🙂 To help provide you with more specific answers regarding your daughter’s situation, give our Enrollment Advisors a call at 480.405.2703.

7. Allana July 26, 2016 at 11:54 am

Thanks for the quick response! One more question….How many hours per day is one course? And after the completion of this 6 week course, how many credits are received? Thanks!

Primavera Online July 26, 2016 at 12:04 pm

Hi, Allana. 🙂 Generally, students are expected to complete approximately 15 hours each week per course, and your daughter can choose how she wants allot her time spent on courses each day. After completing a course, students receive the equivalent of a semester, which is usually about .5 credits.

8. Tate Isaacson July 30, 2016 at 7:17 pm

hello! I have a quick question! if I took Spanish 1-2 freshman year (now a junior) and got my credit for that class, will i be able to take Spanish 3-4 online?

Primavera Online August 1, 2016 at 4:01 pm

Hi, Tate. Primavera is definitely willing to work with you! For your situation, we recommend calling our Enrollment Advisors at 480.405.2703. Thanks for the question. 🙂

9. Brian August 17, 2016 at 8:42 pm

Does my son need to remain in his current school before enrolling with Primavera?

• Lesly Gamez August 27, 2016 at 1:12 am

No. he doesn’t. if he wants he can finish school online or you can also have him be in school and take classes if he is behind

10. noemi August 23, 2016 at 1:11 pm

How many credits should you have to pass ?

Primavera Online August 23, 2016 at 4:03 pm

Hi, Noemi. Great question! 🙂 In Arizona, students are required to complete 22 credits to receive a high school diploma.

11. Karen Cruz August 31, 2016 at 5:19 pm

Can I enroll while O am attendkg a regular high school?

Primavera Online September 1, 2016 at 8:42 am

Absolutely, Karen! We offer full-time and part-time enrollment, so you can take one course every six weeks while attending your regular high school. 🙂

12. Alex reekie September 27, 2016 at 11:53 pm

Are there any courses closest to cambridge or are there any Cambridge classes I could take on primavera?(I’m a freshman btw)

Primavera Online September 28, 2016 at 9:14 am

Hi, Alex. Because Primavera is an accredited public charter school, we offer the same courses as other high schools (along with additional fun elective courses). Our enrollment advisors can better answer your question at 480.405.2703. Thanks for the comment. 🙂

13. Sianna October 4, 2016 at 10:23 am

What if it doesn’t take you 3 hours a day to finish the work for the class? What if you don’t put in a full 30 hours a week for the 2 classes?

• Primavera Online October 28, 2016 at 12:00 pm

Hi Sianna. You will be required to log in daily to complete your course work. The recommended allotment of time per course, per day is three hours. Most students take two courses per enrollment period. Each student is required to log in and account for their hours for each day, Monday through Friday. Students may complete their courses at any time throughout the day – the system is available 24/7. Hope this helps!

14. Michael Maida October 26, 2016 at 9:35 am

Hi my name is Michael, and i’m wondering is it possible to take Freshmen and Sophomore year at a public high school then take the rest of high school here. will everything transfer over or no.

• Primavera Online October 28, 2016 at 11:54 am

Hi Michael. People switch to Primavera from all levels of high school completion. All completed credits from other high schools are accepted. Hope this helps!

15. Lamyra Luna October 26, 2016 at 8:28 pm

Does Primavera work with schools on the reservation in Arizona? How long would 1 course usually take in one day?

• Primavera Online October 28, 2016 at 11:57 am

Hi Lamyra. Primavera is a state-wide charter school, so courses can be taken by any eligible Arizona resident. The recommended allotment of time per course, per day is three hours. Most students take two courses per enrollment period. Each student is required to log in and account for their hours for each day, Monday through Friday. Students may complete their courses at any time throughout the day – the system is available 24/7. Hope this helps!

16. Brooke Binder October 28, 2016 at 11:51 pm

Hello,

You are allowed to go ahead and do as many lessons a day as you want right? So say I wanted to graduate highschool in two years and I’m a freshman, can I do freshman and sophomore year in the same year? I’ve already been previously inrolled at an online school and I have half of my freshman year done and it’s only been 2 months of school. Ill be un unrolled from the school soon but I need to know if what I’m looking forward to do is a possibility.

Thank-you

Primavera Online November 7, 2016 at 10:20 am

Hi, Brooke. Great questions! 🙂 While you can’t be enrolled as both a freshmen and sophomore, Primavera has a great model to help you add on extra courses and catch up or get ahead in school. For more specific answers to your questions, feel free to call our enrollment advisors at 480.405.2703.

17. Jordan Davis November 2, 2016 at 6:24 pm

Hi, I have a question. I’m currently a junior and I’m on an IEP for math. Right now I’m in Pre-Algebra and I was wondering if I could continue being in the special education program. At my high school my next math class for my senior year would be financial applications, I saw that primavera had a class sort of like it called business math, but algebra I and geometry were required to take the course and I don’t have those classes since I’m on an IEP. So would this work out?

Primavera Online November 7, 2016 at 10:23 am

Hi, Jordan. Primavera is a great place to receive a more personalized education, and we work with students to develop and implement IEP plans. Please give us a call at 480.405.2703 to speak with an enrollment advisor who can better answer your questions.

18. Maria bernal November 12, 2016 at 12:42 am

What about the test? Or the final exam ? Do I need to go to the school or can I finish it at my house ?

Primavera Online November 14, 2016 at 9:13 am

Hi, Maria. Great question! 🙂 Tests and final exams are taken at home. The only test you would have to go to a location for is the AzMERIT, which will be at a location near you when the time comes.

19. lizbeth November 23, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I dropped out my freshman year im supposed to be a sophomore right now can this help me complete everything i missed??

Primavera Online November 23, 2016 at 3:10 pm

Hi, Lizabeth. Sounds like Primavera can be great option for you. 🙂 Primavera has a great model for helping students recover credits and get back on track to graduate. You can start an application here, or give us a call at 480.405.2703 so we can answer your questions.

20. Kristie December 1, 2016 at 10:51 pm

My daughter is currently a Junior in high school with 16 credits, 6 in progress and 4 needed her Senior year. She wants to graduate a year early which is May 18th. Would this be possible to do in 4-5mo. Are you only allowed to take 2 subjects at a time or can she take more classes? Her schooling right now is pretty easy so she has lots of time for learning!

She needs
    1 credit English
    1 credit Math
    1 credit Social Studies
    1 electives

Primavera Online December 2, 2016 at 8:04 am

Hi, Kristie. With guidance counselor approval, students are allowed to take additional courses every six weeks to potentially graduate early. Give us a call at 480.405.2703 so we can better answer your questions. Thank you! 🙂

21. Juan December 13, 2016 at 5:28 am

I completed some online high school summer classes (geometry & english10) last year and passed with the credit because I was behind in credits but when I taliked to my counselor about missing credits I told her that I completed classes and passed them with Primavera but was told Fusd (flagstaff unified school district) doesn’t accept the credit from Primavera, I dropped out senior year, and was wondering if I can do online school for my 12th grade year and get a diploma accredited ?

Primavera Online December 13, 2016 at 8:15 am

Hi, Juan. First, let us apologize for the troubles you had at Flagstaff; by law, they must accept credits earned at Primavera. However, you are more than welcome to enroll with Primavera! We are AdvacED accredited, which means the diploma you earn with Primavera will be accredited and recognized by universities and employers. Head to ChoosePrimavera.com/Enroll or give us a call at 480.405.2703 so we can help you get started. 🙂

22. Justin December 13, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Im a Junior and im looking to bring up some grades in some of my former classes (Phyiscs, Geometry, Alegbra I) if i complete the courses again on here would they correct the ones i currently have and am i able to take certain parts of the course as i only need to correct my second semester of Physics and Alegbra I

Primavera Online December 19, 2016 at 7:28 am

Hi, Justin. Whether the grade you receive actually replaces the old grades depends on the class and school policies. Please give us a call at 480.405.2703 so our enrollment advisors can better answer your question. Thank you! 🙂

23. Rauna December 22, 2016 at 5:58 pm

Hi….I’m thinking of enrolling my son…..he’s a Sophmore right now and is overwhelmed with keeping up with the class load he has right now. His desire for next year was to enroll in EVIT along with his core courses that he needs. Is this something that can be incorporated while he’s taking his online classes? Also of course at his high school they would have transportation to EVIT by bus but if he does this program with primavera he would have to find his own way to and from EVIT then correct?

Primavera Online December 27, 2016 at 7:48 am

Hi, Rauna! We can help with your son’s class load, as Primavera offers two courses every six weeks. 🙂 As for EVIT, Primavera actually has a great program through them. We have labs at both campuses exclusive to Primavera-EVIT students with onsite instructors so your son can stop by after EVIT courses and complete coursework with in-person instructor support. Head to this page for more information, or give us a call at 480.405.2703.

24. Tanna Bedonie January 2, 2017 at 12:55 pm

Hi, I recently took my finals and it looks like I didn’t pass my English 12 and Spanish 3 class. How would I enroll and can I go to two schools at the same time?

Primavera Online January 3, 2017 at 8:48 am

Hi, Tanna. Primavera offers concurrent enrollment, which means you can take a class with us while staying at your current school. You can start your application online, or give us a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

25. Leslie January 4, 2017 at 8:56 am

I have to take a class for credit recovery but does Primavera offer classes longer than 6 weeks and less than 3 hours I have to work daily?

Primavera Online January 4, 2017 at 10:20 am

Hi, Leslie. Primavera only offers six-week block, and part-time students are required to participate in 15 hours a week, which averages out to 3 hours a day, but is not required daily, so as long as you meet your 15-hour requirement. Our enrollment advisors would be happy to any other questions you have. Give us a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

26. Cassidy January 6, 2017 at 2:00 pm

Hi, I took pe with primavera but only half of a credit showed up on my transcript. Is that a typo or do I need to do something else to get the whole credit?

Primavera Online January 6, 2017 at 2:07 pm

Hi, Cassidy. Six-week courses count for one semester, or a half-credit; however, we recommend reaching out to your guidance counselor via email or at 480.456.6678 regarding your situation.

27. Montanya January 18, 2017 at 5:27 pm

If i go here and then decide to go back to regular high school will my credits transfer over?

Primavera Online January 19, 2017 at 9:59 am

Hi, Montanya. By law, all your credits should transfer over to other Arizona schools. However, we recommend you check with your guidance counselor and review your school policies first. For more information, head to this article.

28. Michael Whaley January 23, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Hi I am currently trying to stitch to online and I don’t have access to wifi besides my phone so you have a like a wifi card or something that is available for me

29. Zoe January 25, 2017 at 1:55 pm

Im still a junior, can i do my senior classes on primavera now? Im class of 2018

Primavera Online January 25, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Hi, Zoe. It depends which classes you’re wanting, as some must be taken in order. If you are looking to graduate early, however, Primavera can be a great fit. 🙂 Give us a call at 480.405.2703.

30. Erik enriquez February 1, 2017 at 7:38 am

Do the classes actually take 3 hours? And how many credits per class?

• Esperanza Shoemaker February 12, 2017 at 3:12 pm

Hey I’ve done Primavera for two years now. There’s like 6 units, with 5 lessons each. I take two hours to finish a lesson and just work ahead onto the next lesson until I reach the three hour mark .Most classes are one credit each. But some schools require you take both halves of the classes to get the credit to transfer. For example, I took Geometry A and Geometry B for my math credit for that year.

31. Esperanza Shoemaker February 12, 2017 at 3:09 pm

How is the PE class done online? Do I submit picures/videos?

Primavera Online February 13, 2017 at 7:51 am

Hi, Esperanza. Great question! 🙂 You can learn more about our Physical Education course in this blog post.

32. Yanori February 14, 2017 at 11:51 pm

I was wondering if I were to enroll online if I could get ahead on work like if I have to finish 15 hours a week and I work for instance 4 hours a day and finish it in 4 days? Also can I take more than two classes?

33. Valeria February 19, 2017 at 11:29 am

Hello I’m a sophomore and I want to get ahead with a math class . Am I able to take it online and still be at my regular high school . Am I able to complete the course over the summer or does it have to be all year ?

Primavera Online February 21, 2017 at 8:34 am

Hi, Valeria. Absolutely! You can enroll part-time in Primavera while attending your regular school. You are also welcome to join a summer school class as you mentioned. For more information on concurrent enrollment, head to this blog or give us a call at 480.405.2703.

34. Karen February 25, 2017 at 12:16 am

How long does it take to complete a years worth of classes on primavera?

Primavera Online February 28, 2017 at 11:27 am

Hi, Karen. Primavera is the same workload as a traditional high school, just divided up to two courses every six weeks. This means it takes the same time to complete a school year as your current public school. However, if you are needing to catch up on credits, our Guidance Counselors will help you meet your goals. For more questions, give our Enrollment Advisors a call at 480.405.2703 or head to ChoosePrimavera.com/Enroll.

35. Aubrey March 20, 2017 at 11:11 am

If I become a full time student, how many hours a week will be required?

Primavera Online March 20, 2017 at 11:35 am

Hi, Aubrey. Students are required to attend a minimum of 15 hours a week per course. Full-time students generally take two courses every six weeks.

36. Tonya March 21, 2017 at 3:56 pm

Hi! I am very excited about the possibilities Primavera may be opening up for my son who is suffering from extreme anxiety and depression which is causing him to get behind in school. I am wondering, are there certain classes held during certain times of the 6 week blocks or would we be able to enroll him in whichever class he needs/wants at anytime? In other words is English 1a only held during Aug-Dec blocks or can the class be enrolled in during any of the blocks? Does that make sense? Haha!! Sorry if not 🙂

Primavera Online March 21, 2017 at 8:15 pm

Hi, Tonya. That makes perfect sense; great question! 🙂 Generally, all courses are offered each block. So essentially, yes, you can work with an enrollment advisor to determine which courses to take every six weeks. We also work with 504 and IEP plans should your son need it. Our enrollment advisors would be happy to answer any more questions. You can reach them at 480.405.2703.

• Tonya March 22, 2017 at 4:12 pm

Thank you so much!! I will get the enrollment process started right away!

Primavera Online March 23, 2017 at 10:52 am

That sounds great, Tonya. We hope you enjoy your time here at Primavera. 🙂

37. Victoria March 23, 2017 at 3:28 pm

I just enrolled in summer school for primavera, and was wondering if it was possible to re-enroll again after I finished the first set of courses. I enrolled for May 30, and I saw that there was an option for July 3rd so I was wondering if I could enroll twice to get more courses out of the way. Thank you!

Primavera Online March 23, 2017 at 3:33 pm

Hi, Victoria. Yes, you are more than welcome to enroll in both summer sessions! Give us a call at 480.405.2703 so we can get you started. 🙂

38. Adam March 27, 2017 at 3:56 pm

If my current high school considers a semester to equal one credit, how would the Primavera course show on my transcript?

Primavera Online March 28, 2017 at 8:40 am

Hi, Adam. As long as your current school is accredited, there should not be a problem transferring your credits here to Primavera. For a more specific answer to your situation, give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

39. Alicia March 29, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Hi there, do you have honors classes? My daughter is really smart and is in honors classes now but she’s having some behavioral issues and we are strongly considering home schooling. Thank you.

Primavera Online March 29, 2017 at 8:42 pm

Hi, Alicia. Yes, we offer honors courses. Our enrollment advisors are happy to provide more information. Give them a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

40. Michael March 30, 2017 at 12:07 am

I’m a currently a junior in high school. My freshmen year I failed one semester of literacy class and passed the second semester. How long will it take for me to make up 0.5 a credit

Primavera Online March 30, 2017 at 9:25 am

Hi, Michael. Generally speaking, one course with Primavera equals a semester. You could either enroll now in a six-week course, or enroll in a summer course that lasts just six weeks. For more information, give us a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

41. Syana April 3, 2017 at 2:34 am

Hi ive recently been enrolled and my courses arent showing up i called and said i have everything in. What do i do?

Primavera Online April 3, 2017 at 8:20 am

Hi, Syana. If you have a guidance counselor assigned to you on your PSP, please reach out to them. If not, give us a call at 480.456.6678 so we can help you asap.

42. Jasmine April 11, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Can I still join the school when I’m 20 and I got 12 credits so how long it’s going take to chatch up

Primavera Online April 11, 2017 at 2:46 pm

Hi, Jasmine. Sounds like Primavera could be a great option for you! 🙂 How long it will take depends on how many courses you enroll in, and whether you choose to enroll in summer school. Since you are 21, you are eligible to apply for Primavera. Get started here, or give us a call at 480.405.2703.

43. Marlyna May 5, 2017 at 11:17 pm

What if I need 14 more credits by the end of the may 2018 … would primavera help me get those credits by then ?

Primavera Online May 8, 2017 at 8:54 am

Hi, Marlyna. Primavera can certainly help! Our enrollment advisors are happy to answer your question. Give them a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

44. Kay May 7, 2017 at 2:52 pm

Do credits from mesa unified school district transer? Red mountain hight school yo be specific.

Primavera Online May 8, 2017 at 9:15 am

Hi, Kay. Yes, Primavera accepts credits from Red Mountain High School. 🙂

45. Ashley May 8, 2017 at 2:18 pm

Hello, I am a junior and I have to make up my whole first semester for school to graduate on time next year, 2018. I want to continue to be in a public school for my senior year but am just looking to make up my first semester in Summer School, I am financially unable to pay the summer school cost to go through summer school with my school, but I hear summer school for Primavera is free.. Can I do summer school with you to get the credits I need to make up, then have them transferred to my current school to help me graduate on time?

Primavera Online May 8, 2017 at 2:26 pm

Hi, Ashley. You are correct! Primavera is tuition free all year long, including summer! 🙂 You can take summer courses and part-time courses during the school year with Primavera and have them transferred to your current school. However, we recommend you check with your current school counselor and check their policy. For more information, give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.405.2703.

46. Arianna Vidal May 10, 2017 at 8:58 pm

I was wondering can I take Primavera summer school and then go back to my other online school that I am currently enrolled in? My current online school doesn’t provide a summer school so I can’t get ahead.

47. Tommy May 15, 2017 at 11:18 pm

Can you take a class just to take? I’m 16 and I already took my 2 years of foreign language (French), but I want to learn Spanish. Can I just take the class, or do I have to take a class I need?

Primavera Online May 16, 2017 at 8:19 am

Hi, Tommy. You absolutely can take a Spanish class simply to learn. 🙂 This will count as an elective credit toward your high school diploma. You can get started in enrolling at ChoosePrimavera.com/Enroll or give us a call at 480.405.2703.

48. Marques May 15, 2017 at 11:20 pm

Am I limited on how many classes I can take?

Primavera Online May 16, 2017 at 8:18 am

Hi, Marques. Full-time students take two courses every six weeks and part-time students (students enrolled in another high school) take one course every six weeks. You can add an additional course with guidance counselor approval. For more information, head to ChoosePrimavera.com/Enroll or give us a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

49. Thalia May 21, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Is primavera only free for summer school? Like can I take classes during the school year for free as well or will I need to pay?

Primavera Online May 22, 2017 at 3:03 pm

Hi, Thalia. Primavera is always tuition free. 🙂 You can take a summer school course and/or you can enroll part-time throughout the year. For more information, fill out the application here or give us a call at 480.405.2703.

50. Meghan Waldrop May 22, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Hey I didn’t get credit for my Spanish 2 class this semester, I’m still gonna be attending my regular high school next year and had signed up for Spanish 3. Is there anyway I could take Spanish 2 online and get the credit for that class so I can move on to Spanish 3 my senior year.
    Also how much would it cost?

Primavera Online May 23, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Hi, Meghan. Primavera courses are completely tuition free. 🙂 We do offer Spanish 2 as an online course. Get started here or give us a call at 480.405.2703.

51. Jesscia May 23, 2017 at 10:59 am

Is it an option to use Primavera as a summer support option, without having to withdraw from the current school? My daughter switched schools during the year, and her new school was further ahead so she’s struggling. We were hoping she could enroll in the summer school program as a chance to get caught up, or even ahead, while still returning to her current school next year. Is that an option?

Thank you!

• Jesscia May 23, 2017 at 11:54 am

Never mind. Summer school isn’t offered for middle school. What a shame, she really needed this.

Primavera Online May 23, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Hi, Jessica. Although Primavera does not offer summer school for middle school students, we have a great program throughout the year that helps students like your daughter get back on track. Give us a call at 480.405.2703 so we can help you out. 🙂

52. Taylor May 24, 2017 at 1:38 pm

I’m a student with primavera and I love it. But I was wondering if I could take more classes then 2 so I can graduate early. If I can are they any requirements I would have to have to get thoses extra classes?

Primavera Online May 24, 2017 at 1:49 pm

Hi, Taylor. Absolutely! 🙂 If you finished your latest courses with passing grades, you could be eligible to take additional courses in order to graduate early. You can learn more about it here, or give us a call at 480.456.6678 to get started.

53. John May 25, 2017 at 2:02 pm

Do you get half a credit or a whole credit per class?

Primavera Online May 25, 2017 at 2:04 pm

Hi, John. A six-week course at Primavera equates to a semester course, which in Arizona is one half credit.

54. Selena May 26, 2017 at 3:58 pm

Would i be able to take more than two class at a time?

Primavera Online May 30, 2017 at 8:37 am

Hi, Selena. Yes, once you complete one block with passing grades, you can get counselor approval to add on additional courses. 🙂

55. Reid May 27, 2017 at 11:42 pm

Hello, I just finished my junior year at high school. I wish to graduate by the end of the summer. To do so, I am taking 3 courses at CAC, but I still need an American Government course. Will you accept the CAC credits in the First Step program?

Primavera Online May 30, 2017 at 8:38 am

Hi, Reid. If your school is in Arizona and accredited, you should have no problem transferring credits. Our enrollment advisors can provide you a better answer. Give them a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

56. Ertha Jieta May 31, 2017 at 8:54 pm

Hi, when the next class is gonna began because I already applied for primavera high school but my documents wasn’t complete yet cause I wait for my transcripts? from my country.

Primavera Online June 1, 2017 at 8:19 am

Hi, Ertha. Our enrollment advisors can answer your question. 🙂 Give them a call at 480.405.2703.

57. Jessica June 6, 2017 at 7:44 pm

Is it ok to miss a few days of school on here, I have 22% done at the moment but I am currently moving and will be off for a two days unfortunately. Is that ok? I will make it up.

Primavera Online June 7, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Hi, Jessica. If you notify your teachers in advance, they can work with you to make sure you finish work ahead of time, or do what is needed to stay on track in your coursework. Be sure to reach out to them as soon as you’re able. 🙂

58. christopher June 7, 2017 at 1:08 pm

If I just failed one class in highschool and wasn’t able to graduate because of it would I be able to take just that one course and then graduate?

Primavera Online June 7, 2017 at 2:27 pm

Hi, Christopher. It’s certainly possible, and sounds like summer school could be a great option! Give us a call at 480.405.2703 so our enrollment advisors can better answer your question. 🙂

59. Alysha June 8, 2017 at 4:58 pm

I only have 10 credits how long will it take me until I graduate if I take 2 courses every 6 weeks

Primavera Online June 9, 2017 at 3:30 pm

Hi, Alysha. Each course counts as a semester credit, which are one half credit. For more specific answers to your question, give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

60. Rachel June 23, 2017 at 6:32 am

I was wondering do you have to have to have use a computer because we only have a ipad

Primavera Online June 23, 2017 at 9:35 am

Hi, Rachel. While you might be able to work with an iPad, we recommend a computer. You can go to your local library and use their computers. Hopefully this helps! For a better answer to your questions, give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.405.2703. 🙂

61. Manuel Morales July 10, 2017 at 2:03 pm

What do I need to be a part- time student? I don’t want to recover credits, I would to ahead credits while I am attending my actual high school, I already finish my freshmen year, I will be a sophomore student when classes start again in August.

62. Bre July 13, 2017 at 10:07 pm

Hello! I was wondering if its possible to take more than 2 classes if I am becoming a fully enrolled student at primavera?

Primavera Online July 14, 2017 at 8:48 am

Hi, Bre. Yes, it is absolutely possible. You will need to get counselor approval to do so. Give us a call at 480.456.6678 so we can help you get started. 🙂

63. Selena July 15, 2017 at 4:10 am

Will I get 1 credit every six week course or 0.5? And will I be able to do course after course one at a time back to back as a part time student?

Primavera Online July 15, 2017 at 9:44 am

Hi, Selena. Great question! 🙂 A six-week course counts as a semester, which is .5 credits in Arizona. Yes, you will be able to take courses back-to-back as full-time.

64. Angela July 19, 2017 at 6:26 pm

Hi! Im starting my Junior year at Alta Vista High School. I would like to graduate this year, but by the end of this school year I would have a total of 20 credits, I would be missing 2 more credits to graduate. Can I do online school while attending my current high school to be able to obtain the 2 credits that I need?

Primavera Online July 21, 2017 at 9:25 am

Hi, Angela. Graduating early is absolutely possible through Primavera! You can learn more about it in this post, or get started here.

65. Gabriella July 21, 2017 at 1:28 pm

Can you quit or delete a class once the course has already begun?

Primavera Online July 21, 2017 at 1:45 pm

Hi, Gabriella. Primavera is an accredited public school. Like your traditional school, you would have to work with a counselor to withdraw from the course. Our enrollment advisor would be happy to answer your question at 480.405.2703. 🙂

Primavera Online August 9, 2017 at 9:43 am

Hi, Gabriella. This depends on your situation. You can’t delete a course, but you could withdraw from the class with counselor approval. Keep in mind that depending on what time you withdraw, it could add a W to your transcript. Our enrollment advisors would be happy to answer any further questions. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

66. Dan July 23, 2017 at 4:51 pm

Can you use a tablet or a phone for online school because classes start on July 31 and my computer broke like today.

Primavera Online July 24, 2017 at 9:59 am

Hi, Dan. While you might be able to work with a tablet, we recommend a computer. You can go to your local library and use their computers. Hopefully this helps! For a better answer to your questions, give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.405.2703. ?

67. KA July 24, 2017 at 10:19 pm

Hi what if you’re really really behind do you guys help with that too.. I’m gonna be a senior and I would like to do it online but I’m very behind and afraid I won’t graduate

Primavera Online July 25, 2017 at 7:46 am

Hi, Ka. Sounds like Primavera might be a great option for you. 🙂 We help thousands of students recover credits and graduate each year. Learn more in this post, or give us a call at 480.405.2703.

68. isabel July 27, 2017 at 1:40 pm

if i do all the classes possible how much credits would i get in a year?

Primavera Online July 27, 2017 at 3:11 pm

Hi, Isabel. In a school year, a full-time student earns 6-7 credits total. That is the same as your traditional school; however, approved students can add on courses every six weeks. Plus you can take summer school to catch up or graduate early. You can get started on your application here, or call us at 480.405.2703. 🙂

69. Valerie August 2, 2017 at 1:22 am

If I enroll part-time and do classes back to back after every 6 weeks, about how many credits will I be able to receive at the end of one whole school year?

Primavera Online August 2, 2017 at 1:31 pm

Hi, Valerie. A six-week course is a semester credit, or .5 credits. In a school year, you could earn 3.5 credits, not counting summer school.:)

70. Nico August 4, 2017 at 2:03 am

If I have 5 credits totaled through my entire high school time, and I am a junior, (dropped out around February) how long would it take me to get all 22 credits to graduate? I work so, Would I need to do full time or part time in the classes and such?

Primavera Online August 4, 2017 at 8:11 am

Hi, Nico. Great questions! 🙂 If you are not currently attending a school, you will need to enroll with Primavera full-time. But since we’re 100% online and provide two courses every six weeks, it’s more than possible to keep your job and finish high school. In Arizona, a semester is .5 credits. One six-week course at Primavera counts for a semester course or .5 credits. If you enroll with Primavera within the next couple days, you could finish up to six credits by the end of the school year. Get started here, or talk to our enrollment advisors at 480.456.6678, option 1.

71. Leilani August 10, 2017 at 10:50 am

Will all my credits in my current public high school transfer to Primavera when I enroll? I am in 12th grade and need only three core classes to graduate.

Primavera Online August 10, 2017 at 11:15 am

Hi, Leilani. If you are in a traditional high school here in Arizona, your credits should transfer no problem at all! Our enrollment advisors can provide a more specific answer to your questions. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

72. Trent August 11, 2017 at 9:26 am

Hey my name is Trent I’m 15 I’m behimd in credits and I don’t no now if I’ll be able to make it to the classes once a week am I still eligible if my parent signs me up

Primavera Online August 11, 2017 at 1:51 pm

Hi, Trent. Primavera is 100% online, so you can do coursework on your schedule; however, you are required to complete 15 hours weekly per course you’re enrolled in. Our enrollment advisors can provide more answers to your question. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

73. Elysia Ramos August 11, 2017 at 2:13 pm

I have a quick question. I’m enrolling into primavera. I had 2 courses assigned to me which were Human Anatomy and Physiology &
    American Civics and Government. And I was wondering why the course human anatomy said grade 11 when I logged on primavera. I’m now a senior and I’m wondering why I’m taking a junior class? Also I signed up for the August 14 school year and the year won’t be over until June 8th. Can I graduate earlier then June 8th? And another question, I know that you need to be attending your courses 5 to 7 days a week.
    Can it be any 5 days out of the week? Or Do you only have to be off Saturday & Sunday’s ?

Primavera Online August 11, 2017 at 2:39 pm

Hi, Elysia. Let’s try and answer all your questions. 🙂 Question 1. If you feel you are incorrectly enrolled in a course, please contact us immediately at 480.456.6678, option 3. Question 2. If you complete your first six-week block with good academic standing, you could add on courses in order to graduate earlier than June 8. You can learn more here. Question 3. You are required to complete 15 hours a week per course. Whether you finish that in 7 days or 4 is up to you.

74. Brianna August 14, 2017 at 5:32 pm

Hello! I’m enrolled here now, and i don’t start till September 11th. Should i continue going to school or should i stop since those aren’t going to count for me anyway?

Primavera Online August 15, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Hi, Brianna. Our enrollment advisors would be able to appropriately answer your question. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

75. Karen Diaz August 16, 2017 at 2:53 am

Hi , I just moved to Az from Las Vegas and went to enroll to a public high school they have to wait for my transcript to come in order for me to start and they haven’t called wich is why I’m looking in to Primavera. Although how does this work when you’re done with the courses. Does this online diploma count when I want to go to college? Is it the same as if I were to receive it at an actual public high school?

Primavera Online August 16, 2017 at 8:24 am

Hi, Karen. Sorry to hear about that! Yes, a diploma earned with Primavera is the same as a public school. We are a public charter school and accredited. You can get started here, or give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

76. Jessica August 28, 2017 at 9:27 am

Does someone have to be home with you if your are 16 years old.

Primavera Online August 28, 2017 at 9:37 am

Hi, Jessica. Our enrollment advisors are better equipped to answer your question. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. They will be happy to help. 🙂

77. Kaiden September 29, 2017 at 10:46 am

I was wondering if I am currently a junior in high school at a public school, can I withdraw from my school and retake junior year over completely due to missed school hours and I am not able to make up all the work?

78. Cleo October 3, 2017 at 11:00 am

I am 20 soon to be 21 in a couple months with 0 credits. Before I try to get my GED, I want to know if primavera can help

Primavera Online October 3, 2017 at 2:35 pm

Hi, Cleo. Please give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. An enrollment advisor will be happy to assist you and can provide a better answer to your question. Thanks for the comment! 🙂

79. Kaylan Villalobos October 12, 2017 at 6:10 pm

Hello, I am currently enrolled at Primavera but I am a senior now (17 years old). I am not in a good situation and will need to move out of my parents home exactly at 18 years old (January 2018). I understand I am supposed to be graduating in May of 2018 , but because I have done so poorly in my previous years due to a lot of moving. I was wondering if Primavera offered packets of work that I could complete within a specific amount of time to help me with the process? I do want to graduate high school, and continue with school after. I would want nothing more than to graduate on time. I work full time & I am a student at Primavera. I would be the first child to graduate from high school.

Primavera Online October 13, 2017 at 8:59 am

Hi, Kaylan. Please reach out to your guidance counselor via email, or give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 4. It’s not too late to get caught up with Primavera, in fact, you can continue your coursework up until 21 years of age. Please reach out immediately so we can help you develop a plan to graduate. 🙂

80. Simon Truong October 15, 2017 at 8:37 pm

I am a Senior who needs 2 credits left (Math and English) to graduate. Am I allowed to take just these two classes and how fast am I able to finish them? In how fast can I finish I mean as in can I complete 2 credits at any speed and at any time of the day, such as that I am able to grind through the work at a very substantial pace in order to graduate earlier with my remaining 2 credits required.

81. Sarah Hart October 23, 2017 at 8:18 am

How long would it take to do my hole junior year of high school? Could I do it in the 6 weeks?

Primavera Online October 23, 2017 at 9:22 am

Hi, Sarah. A six-week course counts for a semester credits. Full-time students take two courses at a time. This means in six weeks, you will have completed two semester courses. You cannot complete your junior year in six weeks, but we can certainly work with you to accelerate your progress. Start your application here, or give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. Thanks! 🙂

82. Elizabeth Quintin Medina October 23, 2017 at 12:49 pm

primavera i have a question my daught is wondering what does an actual whole lesson look like by the way she is middle school

Primavera Online October 24, 2017 at 10:04 am

Hi, Elizabeth. Our enrollment advisors will be happy to help you learn more about the look and feel of our virtual classroom. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

83. Max November 10, 2017 at 8:13 pm

Hello amazing staff at primavera! My question is: if you worked more than the standard pace, for example, if you did one class 45 hours a week, could you finish a class early and take the final? Thank you so much in advance for your response!

Primavera Online November 13, 2017 at 8:14 am

Hi, Max. Courses are set to a six-week schedule. However, with approval, you could take additional courses to accelerate your graduation progress. You can learn more about graduating early here. Our enrollment advisors would be happy to answer your questions. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

84. Zhylaia Edwards November 20, 2017 at 2:45 pm

How many credits do you earn after 18 weeks

Primavera Online November 21, 2017 at 7:57 am

Hi, Zhylaia. 18 weeks is approximately three six-week blocks. If you are a full-time student, you would enroll in two courses every six weeks. Each course is worth a semester’s credit, or .5 credits. So, assuming you pass all your courses and complete three blocks in 18 weeks, you would potentially earn 3 credits. If you are looking to recover credits or graduate early, our enrollment advisors would be happy to help! Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

85. Chassedy Erickson November 30, 2017 at 8:49 pm

I was curious about the age limit, I’m 21 with only 6 credits. I turn 22 in August, would I be able to finish getting my diploma in time? & Do I have to pay a tuition when I turn 22?

Primavera Online December 1, 2017 at 9:18 am

Hi, Chassedy. Our enrollment advisors would be able to provide you a more specific answer to your question. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

86. Pam December 11, 2017 at 8:24 pm

Does Primavera do school through the mail such as sending a certain amount of school work through the mail the students do it and then sends it back and so on.

Primavera Online December 12, 2017 at 7:53 am

Hi, Pam. Primavera is 100% online. Nothing is mailed, students access coursework online. You can learn more about our curriculum here, or give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

87. Selena January 1, 2018 at 5:58 pm

Can i take 2 classes every 6 weeks as a part time student?

Primavera Online January 2, 2018 at 7:35 am

Hi, Selena. Part-time students enroll in one course every six weeks. You would need to get counselor approval in order to take courses. You can get started here, or give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

88. Selena January 1, 2018 at 6:10 pm

Is there a limit on how many courses a part time student can take at a time and if so what is the limit?

Primavera Online January 2, 2018 at 7:34 am

Hi Selena. Part-time students can enroll in one course every six weeks. Taking additional courses would require counselor approval. You can get started here, or give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

89. JellyAnn January 3, 2018 at 12:00 am

How long would it normally take someone to finish a semester?

Primavera Online January 3, 2018 at 8:00 am

Hi, JellyAnn. If you mean a full semester of classes (6-7 courses), it usually takes the same amount of time as a traditional school. Students simply take two courses every six weeks instead of all at once in the semester. Our enrollment advisors would be happy to help answer your question. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

90. Hector January 7, 2018 at 10:20 pm

Can I take more than 2 courses like 3 or 4 because I am behind on credits and I want to graduate this year 2018 ?

Primavera Online January 8, 2018 at 11:26 am

Hi, Hector. You would need to get approval from a Primavera guidance counselor to do so. Our enrollment advisors can help answer your questions at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

91. dee January 8, 2018 at 6:23 pm

if you are a resident in 2 states, such as one being Arizona could you still enroll although parts of the time you will be in a different state

Primavera Online January 9, 2018 at 10:54 am

Hi, Dee. You could qualify to enroll with Primavera, depending on age and your primary residence. You can start your application here, or give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. Our enrollment advisors are happy to answer your questions. 🙂

92. Camren January 9, 2018 at 10:15 am

Is it possible not to go to school for certain days you want and still get the amount of credits you need to graduate

Primavera Online January 9, 2018 at 10:53 am

Hi, Camren. You are required to spend 15 hours a week per enrolled course. (Full-time students take two courses at a time). But you can choose when and where you complete your coursework. If you’d like to enroll, you can start your online application here. 🙂

93. Camren January 9, 2018 at 10:16 am

Do u guys teach spanish

Primavera Online January 9, 2018 at 10:51 am

Hi, Camren. Yes, we do offer Spanish courses. 🙂 You can learn more about them here.

94. Kayla January 17, 2018 at 10:28 pm

Hi I am trying to qualify for a tuition scholarship at a university but I would need to to retake two semesters of French 3-4 within my last semester of high school. Is there anyway this can be done?

Primavera Online January 18, 2018 at 9:36 am

Hi, Kayla. We do offer French courses! 🙂 You can get started here, or give us a call at 480.456.6678, option 1.

95. Amanda January 30, 2018 at 5:58 pm

If someone was dropped from classes with Primavera and wants to re enroll now that the situation has changed is that possible. Advisors are not returning calls

96. Lilon February 2, 2018 at 12:21 pm

If video chatting with a teacher is available do we have to do it?

97. Donna Rivituso February 13, 2018 at 4:25 pm

What do you offer for qualified gifted students?

Primavera Online February 13, 2018 at 4:28 pm

Hi, Donna. Gifted students can take additional courses to graduate early. We do also offer dual-credit courses. Our enrollment advisors would be happy to answer your questions. Give them a call at 480.456.6678, option 1. 🙂

Comments are closed.