If you’re looking for a change this school year, you’ve come to the right place! Primavera Online High School can be a great option for you. It is Arizona’s top tuition-free high school, after all.
One of the most common questions from students is: “Do I qualify for Primavera Online High School?” The plain and simple answer is almost always, yes!
What are the Enrollment Requirements for Primavera Online High School?
- Grades 6-12 and 21 years or younger
- Arizona resident
- Access to a computer and internet
Is Primavera the right option for me?
Primavera helps all different types of students, from excelling students wanting to graduate early to at-risk students hoping to earn their diploma. Whatever your goals, our guidance counselors and teachers are here to help! Here are some benefits of Primavera:
- Flexible, personalized and structured academic schedule
- Safe environment
- Individualized attention from highly qualified teachers and guidance counselors
- Access to classes anytime from anywhere with an internet connection
- Ability to get back on track to graduate or get ahead and graduate early
- Honors courses and dual enrollment courses to prepare for college.
Some students might fear that after switching to Primavera, they will fall off the face of the earth in terms of socializing with friends. Although students won’t physically meet with their classmates every day, there are plenty of opportunities to stay engaged with peers at Primavera.
How can I stay involved in social circles/activities?
- Online Student Clubs
- Student Club In-Person Events
- Parent Student Portal (PSP) online community chat
- Prom and other school events
- Primavera Social Media
Learn more about socializing in this post.
What are Some Similarities and Differences Between Primavera Online High School and My Traditional High School?
Aside from being online, the key difference between Primavera and a traditional school is its curriculum model. Primavera features award-winning courses, filled with videos, graphic novels, games and more to help students truly enjoy their education. We also break down courses into six-week blocks.
To learn more about online high school vs. a traditional school, check out this blog post.
How Does Primavera’s Six-Week Blocks Work?
Primavera courses are separated into six-week blocks. Instead of six courses at once in a semester, students take two courses every six weeks to better focus and improve retention.
This model enables students to catch up or get ahead. You can learn more about that here.
What if I Can’t Enroll Right Away?
No worries! Classes start every two weeks.
In Arizona, it seems school starts earlier every year. For those of you who aren’t quite ready to end the fun, Primavera Online High School has options for you.
Primavera starts new blocks every other Monday throughout the school year. So you can enroll at a time that’s best for you.
July/August Start Dates
- A1– July 31
- B1– August 14
- C1– August 28
You can view the full 2017–2018 schedule on our School Schedule page.
How Do I Enroll for Primavera Online High School?
Getting started at Primavera is simple. For detailed instructions, watch the video below or head here.
Steps for Enrolling:
1. Fill out the online application.
2. Check your email for a username and link, and finish the application
3. Talk with an Enrollment Advisor at 480.405.2703 to turn in documents and get questions answered.
- Still have some questions? Share them in the comment box below, or give our enrollment advisors a call at 480.405.2703.